Be prepared to provide SCCR staff with the following information:
- Your name
- Academic department
- UFID for each student
- Name for each student (will help in case that UFID is wrong)
SCCR staff will indicate whether or not each student has a prior Honor Code violation. Only first-time Honor Code violations can be resolved between the student and faculty member.
If you choose to perform a student and faculty member resolution, and the student agrees to both the accusation and sanctions, please submit the completed form so that we can send a formal charge letter to the student and double check that this is a first violation.
If you choose to perform a student and faculty member resolution, and the student disagrees with either the accusation or the recommended sanctions, please submit the completed form so that we can begin the process to have a Student Conduct Committee hearing.
- Was the violation intentional, or was it a skills-deficit issue?
- How much of the course grade is the assignment?
- How did this incident impact other students, faculty, and yourself?
- Do you believe that the student can still show course mastery even with the violation that has occurred?
- Have there been any other prior violations? If so, knowing that is has happened before what sanctions do you believe are appropriate?
- What are your course policies? What about your department’s? What about your college’s?
- Are there any unintentional impacts that could occur from certain sanctions? (Ie; loss of f
For a list of complete sanctions, please open the Sanctions page provided on the faculty site.
- Faculty/Student Resolution Form
- Course Syllabus
- Assignment/Assessment Directions
- Copy of Assignment/Assessment in Question (if applicable)
- Copy of Original Source(s) if plagiarism is alleged
- Copy of other students’ assignments if copying or prohibited collaboration is alleged
- Copy of any other material that shows the alleged violation
If you have written notes or prefer your own copy of the documents, please be sure to prepare all the documents you have submitted. If not, a hearing packet containing all submitted documents will be provided at the hearing.
If you have never participated in a hearing before, please note that the committee will address the faculty when it is time for them to give their account of the situation. If the faculty would like to ask any additional questions or make any additional comments, please wait for the current discussion and questioning to finish before asking the chairperson if you can speak again.